Thursday, April 29, 2010

Puppy and CR

So last Saturday, my wife and I went and picked up our new puppy. We had gone to petsmart the weekend before to look at puppies because we were interested in saving a dog rather than purchasing one from a breeder. We found a dog there that we liked, but after some more looking my wife found one she liked even more. His name is Tucker Wynn, and he is a lab/retriever mix. He's quite the handful, but he is learning very quickly what is right and wrong.


As for poker, any of you who are CardRunners members may have seen on their website today that I will be one of their new instructors. I'm looking forward to it very much, as I enjoy coaching no matter if it's poker or golf. My first video will come out in a couple of weeks, when that happens I may move the blog over to the CR site but I'm not 100% sure yet. The only thing I know so far about the video is that it will be me 4 tabling 1/2 on FTP.

As far as actually playing poker this month, its pretty depressing despite being up $13k at 2/4. I'm down 12 buy ins at 3/6 and spewed 6 buy ins off at 5/10 on the 1st day of the month. Oh well, the 5/10 session was atrocious and I really just try to hard when I'm playing there. The 3/6 results... meh just not winning many hands. I've been playing quite well the last few days tho and I'll post some of the more fun/interesting hands.

No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($606.50)
MP ($530)
CO ($400)
Button ($144)
Hero (SB) ($551.50)
BB ($400)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K♠, K♣
1 fold, MP bets $12, 2 folds, Hero calls $10, BB raises $44, MP raises $96, Hero raises $539.50 (All-In), BB calls $352 (All-In), MP calls $422 (All-In)

Flop: ($1460) 4♦, 6♣, 10♠ (3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: ($1460) 3♠ (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($1460) 9♣ (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $1460

Results:
Hero had K♠, K♣ (one pair, Kings).
BB had A♥, K♥ (high card, Ace).
MP had J♥, J♦ (one pair, Jacks).
Outcome: Hero won $1478.50

Why you never fold KK pre. But seriously. The opener is a TAG regular who probably isn't going to be playing back at me a lot, and probably not expecting me to play back at him super light. Since were 125bbs deep I decided to just flat, also the BB was squeeze happy from what I've seen from him so far so I decided to let him do his thing. He obliges and now the original opener 4 bets. His range here is probably JJ+/AK and with all the money in the middle I just decide to ship. I get called very quickly by both players and I'm pleasantly surprised to see I'm in the lead. Sick hold imo.

No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($1457.15)
Hero (UTG) ($805.50)
Button ($421.15)
SB ($763.65)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4♣, 4♦
Hero bets $16, 2 folds, BB raises $60, Hero calls $48

Flop: ($130) 7♦, 8♠, 9♦ (2 players)
BB bets $66, Hero raises $160, BB calls $94

Turn: ($450) 4♠ (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $580.75, BB calls $580.75

River: ($1611.50) 8♣ (2 players)

Total pot: $1611.50

Results:
BB had K♠, 9♠ (two pair, nines and eights).
Hero had 4♣, 4♦ (full house, fours over eights).
Outcome: Hero won $1612.50

Bink! Villain in this hand likes to 3 bet a decent amount, I flat obviously with 44 because we are deep. The flop comes very connected and drawy. I decide to bluff raise here, my hand is not ideal for it but combine the fact that this guy 3 bets quite a bit, and the board is very scary it's going to be tough for him to continue with many hands because he will be oop on a scary board with a lot of money behind. I bink the turn obviously, and I just decide to overbet jam and rep a draw, he calls relatively quickly with K9 and I have him drawing dead in the 400bb pot. One thing of note is that I would probably give up bluffing the turn on bricks.

No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($714.50)
Button ($394.30)
Hero (SB) ($839.30)
BB ($407.60)
UTG ($412.90)
MP ($630)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J♦, A♠
2 folds, CO bets $12, 1 fold, Hero calls $10, 1 fold

Flop: ($28) 5♠, 8♦, 10♠ (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $20, Hero raises $70, CO calls $50

Turn: ($168) J♣ (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $130, Hero calls $130

River: ($428) 7♠ (2 players)
Hero bets $627.30 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $428

Results:
Hero had J♦, A♠ (one pair, Jacks).
Outcome: Hero won $1052.30

Ok this is probably the most interesting hand that I've played recently. Villain is a reg, who coolers me non-stop. I flat his open pre, don't really like 3 betting this hand because of how deep we are. The flop is pretty raggedy, he cbets and I decide to c/r with 2 over, the back door nutflush draw, and some back door straight draw. Villain flats. I turn a J, and I decide to c/c. The river comes the 7s, and I just decide to turn my hand into a bluff and shove. I'm trying to rep something like 8x, Jx of spades and I think it's going to be pretty tough for him to call me with hands like sets, two pairs, and overpairs. I don't think many villains are going to be putting me on a bluff when I take this line, and I think this is going to be more +EV than c/c'ing(puke) or c/f'ing.

2 comments:

  1. hey i am enjoying your blog. i just started mine and would love feed back. if u could check it out and give any advise i would appreciate it. http://akumafloppingthenuts.blogspot.com if u like it please follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this blog dead? Would be sad since it was a good one...

    ReplyDelete