Monday, December 21, 2009

Biggest pot ever and running into some poker players.


Sup everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates, since I don't play hardly any poker on the weekends I tend to forget to update this blog. So after I last talked to you guys I only played poker twice. Last thursday I 4 tabled someone at 2/4 HU for like 2.5 hours. He ran pretty hot, especially on 1 particular table where he built his $400 up to like >$3000. At one point I was down $2700 to him but them I started to get some momentum back and he quit me when I was still down $1000. Oh well.

Then on Friday, my fiance and I babysat one of her nephews who turns 2 years old today. I had a good time, as the baby is a lot of fun to play with. The weather was pretty bad so we just hung around inside all day and watched stuff like the Polar Express and Disney's Playhouse. I didn't play any poker on Friday.

Saturday I did get to play some poker. I played for an hour or 2 and won around $6K including winning the biggest pot of my life. Here is the HH

No-Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($2101)
CO ($1719)
Button ($4651.50)
SB ($4658)
Hero (BB) ($5009)
UTG ($4472)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
1 fold, MP bets $60, 1 fold, Button calls $60, 1 fold, Hero raises $260,1 fold, Button calls $220

Flop: ($630) 6, 2, 5 (2 players)
Hero bets $325, Button calls $325

Turn: ($1280) K (2 players)
Hero bets $675, Button calls $675

River: ($2630) J (2 players)
Hero bets $1400, Button raises $3371.50 (All-In), Hero calls $1971.50

Total pot: $9373

Results:
Button had 6, 6 (three of a kind, sixes).
Hero had K, K (three of a kind, Kings).
Outcome: Hero won $9370

Lucky me. Other than that hand I think I only played 1 pot bigger than 50bbs the whole session so nothing else really interesting to talk about.

Saturday night was pretty interesting. We went to this bar in midtown Atlanta where Kim's sister's friend knew the band that was playing. So we get there and the place is supppppperrrr smokey (which is pretty abnormal in ATL because most places dont allow you to smoke inside) Combine the smoke with the fact that we didn't really have any desire to listen to a band and we decided to leave to head to another bar in Buckhead. So we get to this other bar and right when I walk in I recognize YellowSub86 in the house. I walk up to him and introduce myself, and congratulate him on all his poker success. He says to me "well if you recognize me, you probably know this guy" and he taps his friend on the shoulder who turns around. It's Shannon Shorr. So I buy them some drinks, they buy some shots and for the next hour or two its a pretty fun time. Both of them are really nice guys. Here is a picture.




In the picture, their friend Chris is on the left(he plays as SlippyJacks on pokerstars and used to work for Bluff Magazine), then Shannon Shorr, Me, and then Jeff "yellowsub86"

So a pretty fun couple of days since my last update. I got a couple days of grinding before I head back to VA Beach so I'm going to get started on that. Talk to you guys later.

2 comments:

  1. Ninja Atlanta photo skills...

    Is that East Andrews?

    I still find it amazing that I went to UGA for 3 years and never met yellowsub, clayton, or any of the better known Athens-area poker players. By all accounts they seem like great guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, it's Pub 71 at Brookhaven Station. And yea I went to a Hawks game with Clayton last year and he was a nice guy as well.

    ReplyDelete