Thursday, January 7, 2010

2 days where things actually turned for the better

Hey everyone, so far I've played a decent amount of hands so far this year. I'm running pretty terrible at 5/10 for the moment but running like god at 3/6 and winning a little at 2/4.

Yesterday I was down $4.7k at my peak, with nothing going right for me. I was extremely close to my 5K stopping point when things finally turned my way. I finished my first session of the day down $3k :( I ended up playing a 2nd session later in the night that started off good, with me stacking someone for >200bbs on one of my first hands with a set vs a gutter+flushdraw on the turn. So I'm only down $1kish for the day, then things start going horribly again and I cannot win a hand for the life of me. I again reach my down peak at $4.7k, ever so close to my $5k stop loss but I right the ship just in time. I then proceed onto a solid heater and end the day up over $2k. It felt amazing.

As for today, I had to go babysit my fiance's nephew for a few hours this afternoon. After I put him down for a nap I got to play a little 4 tabling session on my laptop. Things didn't go all that great, I played one hand pretty poorly but other than that, nothing was going my way. I feel like I've been trying way to hard recently to win, especially postflop and I've actually been spewing like a mad man. Anyway I finished the nap time session down like $3.3k. I got to play a 2nd session later in the night and I turned things around rather quickly and finished the day up like $300. Score! Another winning day, albeit a small one, will definitely help my mindset and hopefully get me back into the steady winning saddle.

Here are the most interesting hands from the past couple days.

No-Limit Hold'em, $6.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($1401.05)
BB ($1224)
UTG ($3335.70)
Hero (Button) ($2789.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, 2
1 fold, Hero bets $15, SB raises $51, 1 fold, Hero raises $135, SB calls $96

Flop: ($306) A, 2, 10 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $225, SB calls $225

Turn: ($756) 6 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $2413.35, SB calls $1025.05

River: ($2806.10) J (2 players)

Total pot: $2806.10

Results:
Hero had A, 2 (two pair, Aces and twos).
SB had A, Q (one pair, Aces).
Outcome: Hero won $4196.40

This hand is against my favorite Korean. His 3 bet stat vs the steal is out of this world which is why I decided to 4 bet, because it is basically printing money. He calls the 4 bet and I flop top and bottom pair, weeeeee. He c/c's the flop bet. The stacks on the turn are a bit akward, bc he has like 1K left and there is a little more than 700 in there. I decided that he was going to fold the turn no matter what I bet unless he had an A, and if he had an A he probably wasn't folding no matter what. So I just shoved, he tanked a little and called me with AQ.

No-Limit Hold'em, $6.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($582)
UTG ($254.20)
MP ($595)
CO ($1200)
Hero (Button) ($1617)
SB ($1638.30)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, Q
2 folds, CO bets $18, Hero raises $69, 2 folds, CO raises $168, Hero calls $117

Flop: ($381) 3, 8, Q (2 players)
CO bets $216, Hero calls $216

Turn: ($813) 2 (2 players)
CO bets $797, Hero calls $797

River: ($2407) 10 (2 players)

Total pot: $2407

Results:
Hero had J, Q (one pair, Queens).
CO had K, A (high card, Ace).
Outcome: Hero won $2409

This hand was against one of the best midstakes regs. We had a very interesting dynamic because he opens a veryyyy wide range so I was 3 betting him a lot. This hand is a great hand to 3 bet with the intention of calling a 4 bet and then making moves postflop when you flop something with even a little potential. So I 3 bet and call the 4 bet. I flop top pair, essentially the nuts in this situation and I call the flop and snap the turn. We run it twice and I fortunately hold both of them.

No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($583.95)
Button ($967)
SB ($1551.40)
Hero (BB) ($953.30)
UTG ($506.50)
MP ($800)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10
UTG bets $15.25, 1 fold, CO calls $15.25, 1 fold, SB calls $13.25,Hero raises $86, UTG calls $74.75, CO calls $74.75, SB calls $74.75

Flop: ($360) Q, 9, 8 (4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

Turn: ($360) 2 (4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

River: ($360) J (4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $300, 1 fold,CO raises $493.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $193.20

Total pot: $1346.40

Results:
Hero had 10, 10 (straight, Queen high).
CO had A, K (flush, Ace high).
Outcome: CO won $1347.90

I butcher the river in this hand pretty solidly. You might think preflop is a pretty thin, but the opener was running like 50/40, and the first caller was like a 40/30. So a pretty obvious 3 bet for value. I wasn't really happy to see everyone call, and then when I saw the flop I was just planning on giving up. Well the flop checks through, and I think I should be betting the turn here but I chicken out. I hit a straight on the river and now I really dislike my betsizing on the river. I'm fairly sure it is infact a bet but I should be betting like $200-$250 here IMO just because I don't think anyone really has anything ever. And when I get shoved on I can probably fold, even tho its not much more, I'm essentially calling to chop and probably lose a decent % of the time to flushes and KT. Meh.

The next 2 hands are going to display me taking unconventional flop lines, and then getting crapped on, which literally ALWAYS seems to happen wheneverrrrrrrrr I get fancy.

No-Limit Hold'em, $6.00 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($760)
SB ($664.75)
Hero (BB) ($1208)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, 10
1 fold, SB bets $18, Hero calls $15

Flop: ($42) 9, Q, 8 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($42) 9 (2 players)
SB bets $30, Hero raises $115, SB calls $85

River: ($272) K (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $250, SB raises $527.75, Hero calls $277.75

Total pot: $1327.50

Results:
SB had 8, 8 (full house, eights over nines).
Hero had J, 10 (straight, King high).
Outcome: SB won $1329.50

This first hand is against a good regular. I check back the flop here because I felt like he is going to be check/folding here a decent amount but I guess looking back on it, on this particular texture I think people have a much larger c/c range then say a Q 7 3 flop or something much drier. Anyway I check it back and we see another 9 on the turn. Villain now leads into me, and I decide to raise here. He calls and the river comes a K. He check/raises me all in, I call and he shows me a full house :(

No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($1885.20)
Button ($773.50)
SB ($1063.20)
BB ($553)
UTG ($757.10)
MP ($264)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 5
UTG bets $12, 1 fold, Hero calls $12, 3 folds

Flop: ($30) 5, 10, 5 (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($30) 8 (2 players)
UTG bets $20, Hero calls $20

River: ($70) 3 (2 players)
UTG bets $60, Hero raises $250,UTG raises $665.10 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $570

Results:
UTG didn't show
Outcome: UTG won $1042.10

And here is the 2nd hand where I do something strange on the flop and then get a little more than I ask for by the river. So here I still like checking back the flop, because I think this is a texture that people will be c/f'ing a ton when they do check. The turn is an 8 and villain leads into me. Here I decide to just call, just because I think his range is so heavily weighted towards air/overcards and I want him to make a pair or something on the river. The river is a huge brick and villain leads again, this time for a fairly large bet. I make a fairly large raise myself. This is where it gets interesting because now villain shoves on me. ???
Sigh, villain in this hand was a little loose preflop but I hadn't really seen him do anything out of the ordinary postflop, or even been aggressive for that matter.

I felt at the time that villain would be calling me here with just about 99% of his range. Unfortunately this was that 1% where he decided to bet/3bet me on the river. I really rationalize the fact that maybe this player is shoving something worse than 56 for value, so that left me to calling it off because I thought he was bluffing and I have an extremely difficult time believing that. So I decided to fold, I'm still not sold on it but literally EVERY TIME I do something like this I always get more than I bargain for, and normally rationalize it with, "blah blah blah I'm so underrepped here, no way he thinks I have a 5 here" but for this to be useful you have to know that the villain is capable of realizing this. And I think I will errr on the side of being a little too cautious at 2/4 against a std reg that I have very little info on. Whatever, flame away.

No-Limit Hold'em, $8.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($2429)
Hero (SB) ($1975)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, J
Hero bets $16, BB raises $67, Hero raises $175, BB calls $120

Flop: ($390) Q, 9, 5 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $200, BB raises $575, Hero calls $375

Turn: ($1540) 7 (2 players)
BB bets $1205, Hero folds

Total pot: $1540

Results:
BB didn't show
Outcome: BB won $2744.50

This will be the last hand, and I still really have no clue what to do in this spot. I have a feeling since it's HU in an aggro match, and I have TOP PAIR it should be a lol snap call but I missed the boat here. This is against a HU regular with a very very good PTR. I think he generally plays HU or 3-4 handed and does very good even though he seems to table select very well. Anyway he was 3 betting me a ton in this match something like 23% and I decided this was a pretty decent hand to 4 bet since I'm not 100% comfortable playing it against his 3 betting range. Anyway he flats, and I flop the toppest pair on a drawy flop. I could check back here, but I decided to bet. I get c/r'd and I think its a pretty easy call on the flop (?). The turn is a pretty brickish card, and villain shoves. I'm not really sure what sort of range to give him but I really sort of wish I called because I am very curious as to what he had. Oh well.

Hope you guys are running better than me to start of the new year. Later.





No comments:

Post a Comment