Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The poker gods reward me for returning to blogging?

Haha, obviously the poker gods could care less about me updating this blog but they did do me a bit of a favor yesterday. They gave me some of my EV back and quite a bit of run good resulting in me winning just over 12 buy ins at 2/4 yesterday in about 3k hands. I ran really really well for the first session in quite a while and it felt amazing. This month was going good before and is now going great. I feel much more focused when playing, thinking though decisions more thoroughly and definitely tailoring my game much more to the specific opponent that I am up against in a particular hand. This has led to some great results this month, winning 9.2bb/100 over a little more than 30k hands. I hope to put in at least another 30k hands as I'm trying to up the amount of hours I put in and hopefully I can keep my winrate above 8bb/100. That would be great.

As for other things, our new mattress and living room set was delivered to our condo today. I really dislike the fact that moving companies give such large windows for delivery time. Like our mattress delivery was scheduled for between 2 and 7 pm, and the living room was to be delivered between 1 and 5 pm. I wasn't looking forward to sitting in an apartment all day waiting for those deliveries. Luckily for me the mattress came earlier than expected, and then the living room came shortly after and I was only sitting there for an hour or 2. Not to bad. I cant wait to see what the condo will look like when it is fully furnished, and I will post pictures on here when that finally happens.

On the golf front things are really starting to come around. My swing looks night and day different from last summer and I finally got a copy of my swing so I can post that here in the next couple of days, showing you a before and after as well as detailing the things that we are working on.

On a more serious note, my fiance's grandfather is going to undergo open heart surgery on Thursday, so say a prayer or have him in your thoughts. Typically open heart surgery is a fairly trivial operation, with a risk rate of 1-2% but given that he is 88 years old the risk obviously increases with age, so we can only hope everything goes according to plan.

That's all for now, ill talk to you guys later.




No comments:

Post a Comment