Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Been a little while since I updated...

Sorry for the lack of updates. As expected I didn't really play too much poker over the weekend. My Clemson Tigers took on GA Tech in the ACC championship game, and were handed a heart breaking loss despite CJ Spiller putting on a show. I thought after the USC game last week, he really hurt any chance of being invited to the Heisman ceremony in New York next week barring an incredibly ACC championship game. Well Spiller did not disappoint, rushing for 234 yards and 4 TD's in probably his best rushing game of the year. Looking back at his season, I don't know how anyone can argue that CJ Spiller is not at least one of the top 5 players in the country, if not the best.

Ill end the Spiller talk with one of my favorite Spiller plays of all time...


Ok so onto poker. I played a little bet on Sunday night in some pretty good 5/10 games and won like $2700. Then yesterday I played for just a little bit and won a little over $3k at 5/10 and 10/20. As for today, I got hot pretty earlier and was up like $7k at 5/10 HU and 10/20 6 max but then crashed and burned 4 tabling a regular at 5/10 HU. I was up a few buy ins on him, then he hit a 2 outer against me and it sort of sent me into a tailspin. Pretty pathetic how I played after that point and I ended up quitting down $1K against him because I could tell I wasn't playing my A game. I ended up my morning session around +$1300.

Ill post some of the interesting hands I've had in the past couple days.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($1138)
SB ($3780.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, Q
SB bets $25, Hero calls $20

Flop: ($60) J, 9, 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $30, Hero calls $30

Turn: ($120) A (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $110, Hero calls $110

River: ($340) 6 (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $300, Hero raises $968 (All-In), SB calls $668

Total pot: $2276

Results:
SB had 10, 7 (straight, Jack high).
Hero had J, Q (one pair, Jacks).
Outcome: SB won $2275.50

Here is the last hand from the HU match I played before I decided to quit in disgust at my play, although I don't think this hand is too too bad. I make a std call preflop, and c/c the flop. All pretty standard. The turn is an A and he barrels again. I call because I think it's a good card for him to fire as a bluff. The river is somewhat interesting. I check a 3rd time and he fires again. Now I'm pretty sure at this point I don't have the best hand often enough to call, so it's either fold or shove. I decided to shove, trying to get him off an Ax type hand or a 2 pair type hand. He has seen me slow play some hands on some wet boards so it's possible for me to have a straight or a set here as well as maybe a back door flush with Jx/9x spades. Either way theres no way hes folding a straight so :(

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($2345.05)
Hero (BB) ($2000)
UTG ($1443.75)
MP ($1000)
Button ($1470.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J
3 folds, SB bets $25, Hero calls $20

Flop: ($60) Q, 8, 8 (2 players)
SB bets $45, Hero raises $150, SB calls $105

Turn: ($360) 3 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $280, SB calls $280

River: ($920) K (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $920

Results:
SB had 6, Q (two pair, Queens and eights).
Hero had A, J (one pair, eights).
Outcome: SB won $924.50

This hand I make a pretty big mistake by checking the river I think. I just flat preflop but decide that this is a pretty decent flop to raise, and since I have the Ah I have some good back door equity. The villain calls and the turn is the 3h, a good card for me to continue barreling. Villain calls again and we see the Kd river. For some reason I decide to chicken out and think that I am going to get called by Qx to much of the time for bluffing to be any good. Unfortunately for me I let the villain get to showdown relatively cheaply with his Q6s.

No-Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($3422.50)
BB ($5456)
Hero (Button) ($4049)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, 7
Hero bets $50, SB raises $190, 1 fold, Hero calls $150

Flop: ($420) 2, Q, 8 (2 players)
SB bets $270, Hero calls $270

Turn: ($960) 7 (2 players)
SB bets $585, Hero raises $3579 (All-In), SB calls $2367.50 (All-In)

River: ($6865) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $6865

Results:
Hero had 8, 7 (full house, eights over sevens).
SB had K, K (two pair, Kings and eights).
Outcome: Hero won $7490.50

Alright so this hand is pretty interesting. I'm playing in a 10/20 game where the other 2 regulars play mostly 5/10 as well and I think I have a decent edge here. Villain in this hand 3 bets a ton vs' steals so I decide to call preflop, plus the fact that we are somewhat deep. So I flop 2nd pair and he continuation bets, I decide to peel one because I think his range is super wide and I don't really expect him to double barrel me as a bluff too much on this flop texture.

I turn 2 pair and he leads again. Since I didn't think he was going to be double barreling me too much as a bluff here, I decide to jam the turn. My reasoning is basically that I think his turn betting range is pretty heavily weighted towards hands that he likes and that he probably thinks is the best hand. He is probably also aware that I can be somewhat spewy sometimes so he can probably see me shoving here if i have like JTdd or 9Ts type hands. Anyway he thinks for a bit and calls with KK and i dodge the 8 outer for a pretty large pot.

Well thats all I got for interesting hands today. Bout to go to the gym and then I might play another session later tonight, well see. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment