Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Deliveries

I got 2 packages today which for some reason is always exciting. The first was my Security Token from Full Tilt which is awesome. Basically for those who don't know, it is a little digital number generator that is linked to my Full Tilt account. Whenever I log in I have to have it with me, as I am unable to gain access to my account without the 6 digit code that in generates when you hit it's button. It's a great new security feature that Full Tilt added and makes it now near impossible to get hacked which feels great.

The other package I got was the Lil Wayne documentary "The Carter". It was shorter than I expected but I found it interesting and exciting. Lil' Wayne was originally on board with the production of the movie, but when he saw the final cut he didn't approve of the way he was portrayed so now he is suing the creators. I'd have to agree that Lil' Wayne isn't portrayed too well in the film, but I think it's probably a pretty accurate depiction of his life. I don't really think anyone is expecting him to be a poster child or anything, the man's music and creative ability is just insane though.

As for poker, I had a little bounce back day today winning around $2.6k. Yet again I started the session up around $4k very quickly and then found myself back at even an hour later. I was thinking to myself, "not this again". But I turned it back around and am back in the green for the month. I couldn't win a flip to save my life today but I don't really like to complain when I'm winning. Here are some hands from today.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($2973)
UTG ($1730)
MP ($2425.75)
CO ($1000)
Hero (Button) ($1877)
SB ($150)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, A
1 fold, MP bets $24, 1 fold, Hero raises $80, 2 folds, MP raises $191, Hero calls $135

Flop: ($445) 10, 10, 7 (2 players)
MP bets $135, Hero calls $135

Turn: ($715) 2 (2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($715) J (2 players)
MP bets $468, Hero raises $1527 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $1651

Results:
Hero had Q, A (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Hero won $2707

This hand might be a bit spewy. I haven't decided whether I like it or not. Villain in this hand is a little spewy. He's pretty loose preflop and 4 bets a decent amount, so I 3 bet AQ for value and then call his 4 bet. I flop 2 overs and the back door nut flush draw. He makes a small continuation bet so I decide to float. I turn the nut flush draw and he checks to me. I could bet here but I thought there was a decent chance that I might get c/r'd and I didn't really feel like getting c/r'd especially since I have the best hand some non 0 % of the time. The river is a J and now he leads out for about 2/3's pot. I decided to shove the river because I don't think that this villain is too hero cally, and that he probably wasn't going to call me with his 1 pair hands like AJ, KJ, QQ. He ends up folding after a little bit of thought.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($2465.80)
UTG ($1887)
MP ($2054)
Button ($2854)
Hero (SB) ($3223.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10, 8
2 folds, Button bets $30, Hero raises $105, 1 fold, Button calls $80

Flop: ($230) Q, 2, 4 (2 players)
Hero bets $145, Button calls $145

Turn: ($520) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets $365, Button calls $365

River: ($1250) 4 (2 players)
Hero bets $1000, 1 fold

Total pot: $1250

Results:
Hero had 10, 8 (one pair, fours).
Outcome: Hero won $2247

Villain in this next hand is a good CardRunners pro who normally plays higher than 5/10. I 3 bet him preflop because he has a pretty wide range for stealing from the button and I have a decent hand for playing 3 bet pots oop deep with the initiative. The flop comes down pretty dry and I fire a continuation bet. I think he's going to be floating me a lot here given how dry the board is but there isn't too much I can do about it. I turn a gutter so I decide to fire again. I think once I fire the turn here I have to fire the river a lot so when the back door flush gets there on the river it is a prefect card for me to barrel. It is just about impossible for him to have a back door flush since he would have to float me on the flop with 2 random diamonds since the Q is a diamond and the 4 on the river is a diamond, not to mention I can have a fair amount of back door flushes in my range. So I fire 1K into 1250 on the river and he folds.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2462)
SB ($791)
BB ($1000)
UTG ($2998.50)
Hero (MP) ($2000)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, Q
1 fold, Hero bets $30, Button raises $100, 2 folds, Hero calls $70

Flop: ($215) 6, 10, Q (2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($215) K (2 players)
Hero bets $160, Button raises $490, Hero calls $330

River: ($1195) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks

Total pot: $1195

Results:
Button had 5, 7 (high card, King).
Hero had K, Q (two pair, Kings and Queens).
Outcome: Hero won $1192

Alright so this hand is a little strange. Villain is a very aggressive regular and will be 3 betting me pretty light BTN vs CO in this spot so I call with KQ. I flop top pair and check to him and he strangely checks back. Now when he checks back this flop I find it extremely strange, ESPECIALLY when he is raising this particular turn card. So when he raises me on the turn I am like 99% sure I have the best hand because I'm fairly confident that he would cbet the flop with AJ and J9, not to mention TT, KK, and QQ. I don't really see a reason to 3 bet the turn, so I call to let him barrel whatever river cards he would like.

The river is a pretty ugly card but I was actually a bit excited to see it because I didn't really think he had a J all that often on the turn and it might up his bluffing frequency. Since I think he cbets AJ and J9 we can remove those from his range. I don't think he is raising the turn with hands like QJ, JT, or JJ so I just couldn't imagine many J's being in his range. He goes into the time bank on the river but unfortunately for me he times out and auto checks down his 75dd.

Well that's all the interesting hands from today's session. Ill talk to you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment