Monday, December 14, 2009

Falcons fail to ruin the Saints season

Well my first NFL game every yesterday was a lot of fun, despite the Falcons falling a bit short. I was able to find a Michael Vick jersey before the game which was awesome. Pair that with the Tiger Woods hat I was wearing and I was rocking some pretty controversial apparel which I got a few comments about. Our seats, which I got off of StubHub at the last minute, were pretty good. Right at the 35 yard line in some nice club seating where we had a great view of all the action. As for the game itself I think we got hosed by some really terrible calls, most notably an interception by Grimes that got nullified by a BS pass interference call. Other than that I thought we put up a pretty good fight without Ryan or Turner in the line up.

I just played a short 400 hand session between 3/6 and 10/20 and won a quick 9K, most of it coming at 10/20 where I ran pretty hot. Ill go over some of the interesting/big hands from today.

No-Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($1603.10)
UTG ($5979)
MP ($3086)
CO ($4750)
Hero (Button) ($4000)
SB ($4707)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, K
2 folds, CO bets $60, Hero raises $200, 2 folds, CO calls $140

Flop: ($430) J, 10, K (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $325, CO calls $325

Turn: ($1080) 5 (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $775, CO calls $775

River: ($2630) J (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $2697, CO calls $2697

Total pot: $8024

Results:
Hero had J, K (full house, Jacks over Kings).
CO didn't show
Outcome: Hero won $8039

This hand is pretty standard. I 3 bet pre CO vs BTN and get called. I flop top 2 and make a std continuation bet which gets called. The turn is a brick and I make another bet. If I got raised here I was pretty sure I was going to puke/fold because I don't think the villain in this hand would ever raise this board with worse for value and hes probably not bluffing very much either. Luckily for me he flats again, I make a boat on the river, so I jam for about a pot sized bet and get called by his slowplayed AQ.

No-Limit Hold'em, $20.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($1860.10)
MP ($5399)
CO ($3264)
Button ($3961)
Hero (SB) ($8200)
BB ($4682)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
2 folds, CO calls $20, Button bets $108, Hero raises $390, 1 fold, CO calls $380, 1 fold

Flop: ($928) 5, J, 7 (2 players)
Hero bets $720, CO raises $2000,Hero raises $2560, CO calls $861

Turn: ($6650) 5 (2 players)

River: ($6650) 4 (2 players)

Total pot: $6650

Results:
Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and fives).
CO had K, K (two pair, Kings and fives).
Outcome: Hero won $7084

This hand happened about 5 mins after the KJ hand. The limper is a fish and the isolator is the same villain I just stacked. I could flat here to keep the fish in but I thought the reg would interpret my 3 bet as me messing around a decent amount. I also don't like flatting here oop nearly as much as I would like it if I was on the button and the isolator was in the CO. So I do decide to 3 bet, the fish surprisingly calls and the reg folds. Flop comes J high and I decide here to bet pretty large because I think I might just get 1 street from a fishes 1 pair hands that are lower than Jx, so I want to maximize that one street. The fish ends up raising and I get it in vs his slowplayed KK. Weee.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($2029.50)
BB ($2025)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, Q
Hero bets $20, BB raises $90, Hero calls $75

Flop: ($200) 5, J, 8 (2 players)
BB bets $135, Hero raises $300,BB raises $330, Hero calls $165

Turn: ($1130) K (2 players)
BB bets $200, Hero calls $200

River: ($1530) 10 (2 players)
BB bets $1258.50, Hero calls $1258.50

Total pot: $4047

Results:
Hero had 9, Q (straight, King high).
BB had K, A (one pair, Kings).
Outcome: Hero won $4049.50

Ok so this is probably the most interesting hand of the session. Here I open Q9s against a pretty good 5/10 reg and he 3 bets, looking at the HH looks like i misclicked pf bc I normally make it $25 not a minraise. Oh well. I feel pretty comfortable playing this hand in a 3 bet pot IP 200bbs deep so I call. I flop a gutter and a backdoor flush draw and decide to raise villains continuation bet. Villain decides to click-it-back on me and make the smallest re-raise he can. I think hes full of it a lot here so I decide to call, but maybe jamming is actually better?

The turn is the Ks, and villain decides to bet $200 into the $1100 pot. I'm getting direct odds to call for my FD and gutter ball, but again maybe shoving is better here? The only reason I didn't shove is because I would never shove a value hand here, like if i had KJ or 88/55 because I would just let villain continue bluffing. So if I do shove here I don't think I'm getting any better hands to fold.

I river my gutterball and villain shoves, so obviously I call. He ends up having AK which seems about right. I was pretty confident he was full of it on the flop, and I think if he doesn't turn a pair I can easily take the pot away on later streets.

Well that's all I got for now. This month is going pretty well after a little bit of a rough start. I'm gonna head to the gym and then I have a group lesson and an individual lesson to give this evening, so hopefully those go well. Later.




No comments:

Post a Comment