Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Zoooooooooooooooooooom

What's up everyone. I only played a little poker today since my fiance gets off work early on Wednesdays, but I did manage to win close to $5k in the couple hundred hands I did manage to play. I also played my first ever hands at $25/$50 and ended up winning $757(aka my home area code... sign?) The majority of my play today however came at 5/10 where I felt like I played extremely well.

I'll go ahead and go over some interesting hands from today. Unfortunately none of them are from my $25/$50 shot because nothing really eventful happened there.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($3226.25)
Hero (Button) ($3298)
SB ($1583.50)
BB ($3083)
UTG ($2307)
MP ($2000)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6, 8
2 folds, CO bets $40, Hero raises $120, SB calls $115, 2 folds

Flop: ($290) Q, 4, 8 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($290) 6 (2 players)
SB bets $250, Hero raises $750, SB calls $500

River: ($1790) 3 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1790, SB calls $713.50 (All-In)

Total pot: $3217

Results:
Hero had 6, 8 (two pair, eights and sixes).
SB didn't show
Outcome: Hero won $4290.50

This hand is against a little bit of a fishier opponent. I 3 bet BTN vs CO preflop here(since we are both really deep, im going to be putting a ton of pressure on him with these stacksizes) and I get cold called by the fishier player in the SB. I flop middle pair on a 2 toned flop and decide to check it back. I turn 2 pair, which also puts another flush draw out. Villain leads into me and I decide to jack it up here so that I can shove the river and get his entire stack. Villain calls and the river comes a 3h. Not the greatest card in the world since it completed the back door flush draw, and villain checks to me. This particular villain really doesnt like to fold very much so I thought he was going to call me with Qx or maybe a slow played AA/KK just about always. So I jam and he calls with AQ.


No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($3339.25)
Hero (CO) ($2000)
Button ($1923.50)
SB ($2546)
BB ($2077)
UTG ($2000)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4, 4
1 fold, MP bets $30, Hero calls $30,2 folds, BB raises $125, 1 fold, Hero calls $105

Flop: ($305) Q, K, Q (2 players)
BB bets $185, Hero calls $185

Turn: ($675) 6 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $475, BB calls $475

River: ($1625) 9 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $1205 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $1625

Results:
Hero had 4, 4 (two pair, Queens and fours).
Outcome: Hero won $2827

Villain in this hand is a pretty decent 5/10 reg. I call the squeeze IP here with 44 since we are pretty deep. The flop comes K Q Q with a fd and villain cbets. I decide to float here because I think this is a board that he will perceive to me pretty hard, where he will probably fire 1 bullet but then give up. The turn is the 6d completing the flush and villain checks to me. At this point I'm pretty confident that I am going to win this pot. When he c/c's the turn I put his range at like AA/AK/maybe Kx/maybe some Qx hands. The river is the 9c and its a pretty awesome card for me, just because if I was bluffing the turn JT would be one of my more likely hands. So I shove the river after villain checks to me, I think I can get him to fold AA/AK just about everytime, and possibly get him to fold some Qx hands.


No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($1209)
UTG ($2464.50)
MP ($1289)
CO ($2180.75)
Hero (Button) ($1000)
SB ($1072)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5, 6
3 folds, Hero bets $25, 1 fold, BB raises $90, Hero calls $75

Flop: ($205) Q, 4, 3 (2 players)
BB bets $120, Hero calls $120

Turn: ($445) K (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($445) J (2 players)
BB bets $290, Hero raises $780 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $1025

Results:
Hero had 5, 6 (high card, King).
Outcome: Hero won $1512

This hand is against a fairly unknown opponent. I have a pretty decent hand to defend against 3 bets so I see the flop. I get a pretty good flop, flopping an OESD and villain makes a continuation bet. I call and the turn is an offsuit K. Villain checks which led me to believe they have a decent SD value hand, like Qx, 99-JJ, or maybe some Kx hands(which villain should be barreling but some villains freeze up when they turn top pair in 3 bet pots). The other option is that villain is just giving up which is a little less likely because most villains will continue bluffing the K on the turn if they have an airball. So I decide to check back and take the free card, because I wasn't sure how villain will proceed against my turn bet. The river is the Jd and villain makes a pretty weakish bet. Based on his turn action I think its pretty unlikely he has a flush, as I expect most villains to continue barreling flush draws on that particular turn card. Also since I don't really recognize this villain, I sort of assume he's just playing his 2 cards and not really taking into account what I'm doing. So since he made a weakish bet on the river, I decided to jam and get him to fold most of his hands that aren't flushes or straights.

That's all on the poker front for now. As far as the holidays are concerned I've done most of my shopping already, and the shopping I haven't done I have the ideas for I just haven't gotten around to getting my hands on them yet. Ill be back in VA Beach next Wednesday through the following Tuesday so that should be pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment