Saturday, December 12, 2009

Good results and Falcon's game tomorrow

Sup guys. Sorry for the lack of updates recently. Ive done pretty good at the tables recently. I lost $950ish on Thursday but I made that back and more by banking $4800 on Friday and another $2700 on Saturday. Ive been taking some shots at 10/20 and feel comfortable playing in the games but I don't seem to be making many hands in my very small sample. Hopefully those games continue to run as I'd like to get some more experience in them.

I played a few interesting hands in the past couple days so I'll go through them.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($2211.50)
BB ($1010)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 6
Hero bets $20, BB raises $90, Hero calls $75

Flop: ($200) Q, 6, 7 (2 players)
BB bets $108, Hero calls $108

Turn: ($416) K (2 players)
BB bets $234.50, Hero raises $2003.50 (All-In), BB calls $567.50 (All-In)

River: ($2020) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $2020

Results:
Hero had A, 6 (three of a kind, sixes).
BB had K, 4 (two pair, Kings and sixes).
Outcome: Hero won $3221

Here is a hand against a pretty laggy regular. I open the button with A6s and he 3 bets. He 3 bets a ton so I'm gonna peel the flop. I flop bottom pair and he makes a cbet which I expect him to be making with about 75-80% of his hands so I call. Now the turn is interesting, I think its a card that he's going to be barreling with a huge percentage of his range. I think he will be betting this turn with just about any draw, such as AT,AJ, every flush draw, and some other straight draw, not to mention some of the time with complete air. I decide to shove here just because I have the best hand a ton of the time in my eyes, and I really don't want to call because every river is gonna suck for me pretty much. Unfortunately for me the villain turned top pair but I hit my 5 outer on the river.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($2534.50)
Hero (SB) ($2000)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 3
Hero bets $20, BB raises $90, Hero calls $75

Flop: ($200) 4, 8, 3 (2 players)
BB bets $135, Hero calls $135

Turn: ($470) 10 (2 players)
BB bets $321, Hero raises $1763.50, BB calls $1442.50

River: ($3997) 3 (2 players)

Total pot: $3997

Results:
Hero had 3, 3 (four of a kind, threes).
BB had 6, 10 (two pair, tens and threes).
Outcome: Hero won $3999.50

Ok so this hand is against the same villain as the last hand and I use some relevant history that should be fresh in his mind for my turn play. So I open pockets 3s preflop and he 3 bets again, I call. I flop a set on a pretty drawy board and he continuation bets. I decide to just call because I think he will be double barreling a tonnnnn of the time and I don't want to keep him from barreling. The turn is a T and he barrels again. On the turn I decided to shove(which happens to be about $300 or so more than a pot sized raise), and rep a straight draw or a flush draw trying to get him to fold a marginal hand. Im pretty sure he is going to call me with just about any pair after he saw me shove A6 in the other hand, and he does time down for a little bit before again calling it off with his turned top pair.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em ManagerConverter Tool fromFlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($2773.25)
Button ($2535)
SB ($2656)
Hero (BB) ($3561)
UTG ($1576)
MP ($2029)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
UTG bets $20, MP calls $20, 2 folds, SB calls $15, Hero raises $110, 2 folds, SB calls $100

Flop: ($280) 10, 3, 9 (2 players)
SB bets $165, Hero calls $165

Turn: ($610) K (2 players)
SB bets $415, Hero calls $415

River: ($1440) A (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1190, 1 fold

Total pot: $1440

Results:
Hero had Q, Q (one pair, Queens).
Outcome: Hero won $2627

Here is probably the most interesting hand I've played in the past few days. I squeeze preflop here with QQ and get called by the SB of all people, which I thought was a bit strange. This player is fairly tight, donk bets a decent amount, and barrels pretty relentlessly. So when he donks the flop, I'm not really comfortable raising and getting it in because I don't think that is going to be super profitable. So I call and we see the Kd on the turn. Now he barrels again which I expect, and now I have a flush draw and a gutter so I call again.

On the turn I have basically decided that this villain is not going to win this pot unless he overbet shoves the river or something. Because I have the Qd and the T, 9, and K are all out there, the only combo of the nut flush that this player can have is AJdd. And I'm not even sure he calls that preflop so his range to me seems to be 99/TT/9T/ random bluff. Most of his value hands are going to have a pretty difficult time calling a sizeable river bet even on a blank.

The river comes the Ac and he checks to me. I decide to turn my hand into a bluff here bc as I said before its pretty much impossible for him to have a strong flush, and a lot of his value hands are going to have a very difficult time calling a large bet on the river. So I decide to fire $1190 into the $1400ish pot and he thinks for a while before folding. Weeeee!

Anyway, thats all I got for now. Kim and I are heading the the Falcons vs Saints game tomorrow, which I think is going to be my first ever NFL game. Should be fun, I hope someone near the stadium is selling bootleg Michael Vick jerseys because I really want to wear one to the game. Later.





1 comment:

  1. its jff3, i love your blog...is there any way we can talk about buying the fulltilt points.

    ReplyDelete