Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bounce back!

So after posting my first losing day since the blog started, I bounced back today with a solid +$6200 day. I played my first session in the afternoon which was mostly 5/10 and some 10/20 mixed in. The day started off down a little less than $2k then I was up a little less than $2k. I could tell I wasn't playing my A game and I almost stopped. But then I lost a couple hands right in a row and I didn't feel like quitting so I toughed it out for a little longer.

I think at my lowest peak I was down about $2.6k but then I started to play much better and things began to come together. I ended up finishing the first session of the day up around $5k. I went and hung out with Kim after she got off work until she went to bed. She goes to sleep early on Tuesday and Wednesday nights because she works early the next morning so I try to play a little more poker on those nights.

When I got home there weren't many games running but there were 2 good 10/20 tables going. I decided to hop in and over time I added few more tables of 5/10. I ended up making a little over $1.2k in the night session for a pretty good day.

There weren't too many interesting/entertaining hands from today but I'll do my best to find some.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) ($2001.50)
SB ($1913)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 9
SB bets $20, Hero calls $15

Flop: ($50) 2, Q, 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $40, Hero calls $40

Turn: ($130) K (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $120, Hero calls $120

River: ($370) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $310, Hero raises $1200, SB raises $1416.50, Hero calls $526.50

Total pot: $3823

Results:
SB had 2, 2 (full house, twos over eights).
Hero had 8, 9 (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: SB won $3825.50

Here is a hand where I lost a little more than I should have on the river. I'm playing against a good player who I talk poker with a decent amount. The flop is super standard and the turn is debatable. I feel like it is a card that he is going to be barreling almost always however I think I am going to be facing a big river bet so often that folding the turn is probably best.

Anyhow, I call the turn and hit the best card I possibly could on the river. I check and he bets as expected. I decide to c/r really big here and try to rep some random bluff like JT, 9T, QT turned into a bluff.

Now when villain shoves all-in over my c/r I think I have a fairly easy fold as I think he's just calling me with hands like AK, KQ, AA. So when he goes all in he is either bluffing(which is highly unlikely) or he has a hand like 22,QQ, KK. Anyway I throw an extra $500 into the fire to see his pocket 2's and argggggggggggggg. Oh well.

That's really the only hand history from today that I think is even remotely interesting. All the other hands were pretty standard, nothing really to talk about or analyze. I will leave you today with this gem against one of my most hated villains, I only hate him because he is unbelievable at picking off my bluffs with the worst possible hands and always being right somehow. GRRRR. But this was nice :)

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($3514.70)
CO ($2075)
Button ($2000)
SB ($1057)
Hero (BB) ($2000)
UTG ($2434)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
2 folds, CO bets $35, 1 fold, SB raises $110, Hero raises $260, 1 fold, SB raises $942 (All-In), Hero calls $787

Flop: ($2149) Q, 6, K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($2149) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($2149) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $2149

Results:
SB had A, A (full house, Kings over Aces).
Hero had K, A (four of a kind, Kings).
Outcome: Hero won $2146

Can't remember the last time I took down AA with AK.

No comments:

Post a Comment