Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Introduction and some non-poker stuff

Hey, what's up everybody. I was supposed to start this blog a few months ago for PokerSwat.com however their blog software is being upgraded so I figured I would make my home here until their update. Hopefully this will help me improve my game by going through my thought process in some hands as well as provide some entertainment to you all with some random stories.

The last few months haven't been going too well poker wise, pretty up and down and not going much of anywhere, as I am trying to break into 5/10 NL and higher permanently, so I want to put a little more effort into my game. Ill try to actively post the most interesting hands I've played and break them down.

Outside of poker things are going well. A couple of my friends from the midwest came down to Atlanta last friday for a business meeting/football game. I was driving past this driving range that I used to practice at a couple of weeks ago and noticed it was for lease/sale. So I called my 2 friends who also graduated from Clemson's Professional Golf Management Program(PGM) and let them know about the range.

We decided to try to lease it since the lease was super cheap, about $28k/year which included everything we needed to run the facility except range balls and utilities. However we were a couple days late and somebody else got their hands on it before we did. So now we are in negotiations with them to either take it off of their hands or start up a golf school at the facility. I was willing to give them 5-10% of all of our profits as a finder's fee but they didn't seem too interested in that idea.

Since they are not interested in letting us run the range, our only option now is to get the rights to run the golf school at their facility. By our estimates, the 3 of us could generate around $125k in revenue and are willing to give the leasers 5-10% of that figure just to let us use their facilities. So we had a meeting with them last friday, the only problem is these guys don't seem like the most golf savvy individuals in the world. As far as I know they have no golf background and just sort of leased the range because they like golf so we will see what happens.

After our "business meeting" the 3 of us and my fiance headed up to Clemson, SC for the Clemson vs FSU football game. My brother came down from Virginia Tech and we had an awesome weekend. The game was amazing and the tailgating was as fun as it always is.

Now it's time to hit the tables pretty hard this week. Talk to you all later.

1 comment: