Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pretty Good Day

Whats up everyone, had a pretty solid day of poker today. I won around $2.5k in 1000 or so hands at 5/10 NL. I felt like i played pretty well today and didn't make any big mistakes.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($1869.50)
SB ($2217.50)
BB ($2308.50)
UTG ($1122.15)
MP ($2888.10)
Hero (CO) ($2141.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 4
2 folds, Hero bets $30, 2 folds, BB raises $110, Hero calls $90

Flop: ($245) K, Q, 8 (2 players)
BB bets $160, Hero calls $160

Turn: ($565) 9 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $500, BB calls $500

River: ($1565) Q (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $1565

Results:
BB had A A
Hero had 6, 4 (flush, King high).
Outcome: Hero won $1571

Alright so in this hand I make a pretty standard raise pf and get 3 bet by an aggro BB. If we were only 100 big blinds's deep I would fold here just about 100% of the time but since we are about 220 big blinds deep I decide to take a flop IP.

I flop a flush draw but this flop hits his 3 betting range pretty hard so I decide to just flat the flop and see a turn.

I turn a flush and now villain checks, I decide to bet pretty large here since the board is getting really drawwy and I think you should be betting pretty big with your entire range here.

The river I think is pretty interesting in my opinion. I'm not too worried about villain having a larger flush than me but I think its quite possible that he checked KK/QQ/KQ on the turn since that particular turn card is probably the worst one in the deck for his hand. So now I lose to all those hands which if he had he would obviously check the river to me. So now the dilemma becomes is he going to hero call a river shove with enough hands to make up for the times he has KK/QQ/KQ and I'm not sure he is. There are 13 combos of hands that beat me(2 combos of KQs, 7 combos of KQo, 3 combos of KK, and 1 combo of QQ) so for shoving to be more +ev than checking villain is going to have to look me up with 13 combinations of worse hands and I just dont see how that is possible. So I check.

No-Limit Hold'em, $10.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($2021)
CO ($1105)
Button ($3317.15)
Hero (SB) ($2335.30)
BB ($3834)
UTG ($1000)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, 6
3 folds, Button bets $20, Hero raises $85, 1 fold, Button calls $70

Flop: ($190) Q, J, 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $120, Button calls $120

Turn: ($430) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($430) 10 (2 players)
Hero bets $375, Button raises $1400, Hero folds

Total pot: $1180

Results:
Button didn't show
Outcome: Button won $2202

So this is my biggest losing hand of the day. The only interesting part of this hand is the river really in my opinion. Pre-flop I will mix it up here between calling and 3 betting depending on who is in the BB. I think the BB here was a little squeeze happy so I opted to 3 bet. On the flop I decided to fire a c-bet and pretty much be 1 and done expecting to take it down a good portion of the time. Once he calls and the turn is an 8 I just dont see him folding all that much. A lot of his 1 pair hands are going to have a straight draw to go with him and hes probably not going to give me too much credit. The river is an extremely interesting card though and I think gives me a little hope to take down this pot. I think I can get him off a lot of his marginal 1 pair hands like KQ,KJ,AJ, AQ type hands. Unfortunately he raises me on the river so I have to assume he has some sort of straight or flush and I have to fold. Oh well.

My month is going pretty well thus far. After a pretty amysmal first couple days including a failed shot at 10/20 NL, Ive bounced back pretty well after spending a few days at 2/4 and 3/6 NL getting some confidence back. See you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment